Monday, June 30, 2014

B's Thunder Off-Season Wish List

My Thunder Wish List

As an individual who really wants this Thunder team to succeed, there are a few needs this team must address. Take note of this Sam Presti, WE NEED A SHOOTER! It's not that I want us to get one, we NEED one. With emphasis on need, in case you didn't catch the all caps. So, with all that being said here are my scenarios that could help this Thunder team to an NBA championship. 

 

1. Mike Miller- I know, I know, Mike Miller is old and can't play any defense at his wise old age of 34. But, do you know what he can do? SHOOT the basketball. As evidenced by his .459% shooting percentage from beyond the arc with our hated rival grizzly bears. Mikey isn't the most attractive individual for all of our lady thunder fans, but I am extremely attracted to his shot, so pretty to watch. He has had health problems throughout his career but last year, played in all 82 games. Who remembers him in Thunder games? He would be the one jacking up 40 footers and making everything imaginable. If the thunder had a mercenary out for them who they feared more than anyone, it would probably be Mike Miller. If anything, I want him on our roster just so we won't have to play him. 


2. Ray Allen- I know what you're thinking, why am I picking all the older guys? Well, these older guys can shoot. I think Ray Allen's shot is even prettier than Miller's, and that is saying a lot. Ray is comtemplating retirement so there is a good chance no one will get a shot at him. If he were to come back, he will probably sign wherever Lebron signs. Especially if Lebron goes back to the Heat. Eww. But if he feels like being a leader and mentor for young players AND have a shot at a ring. Why not come to OKC and play with KD, Russ, and Serge? I will be the first person to buy a Ray Allen Thunder shirt if that ends up happening. He is seriously one of my all time favorites. 


3. Jodie Meeks- If you're noticing a theme here, that theme being "Brandt, these are all shooters you are listing" you are correct. I seriously think that is the one piece that the Thunder have to address. Jodie Meeks was one of the last guys at Kentucky who actually played more than one year before leaving for the NBA. I remember watching highlights of him scoring 54 points in one game there. Which is more impressive in college because they don't play near as up-tempo as the NBA does. Jodie was one of the better players on the pathetic Lakers roster last year. There are rumors that the Thunder could be interested in him and I think there is good reason for that. He would provide a much needed scoring spark off the bench. Especially if Reggie is thrown into the starting lineup next year at the 2-guard. 


4. Anthony Morrow- Yep, you guessed it, it's another sharp-shooter. I've always liked this guy. He's never really had a chance to shine because he hasn't really been a good team. He shot .45% from the 3 point line last year for the lowly Pelicans and I think he could be a lethal shooter for this Thunder team. If you spread out the floor and have all the defense focused of KD and Russ.(which would be 99.9% of the time they are on the floor) I think he could pick teams apart with his range and sniper-like accuracy. 


5. This scenario involves 2 players who are already on our roster, so this will definitely happen next year. Jeremy Lamb will see a large increase in minutes and I think this will be great for the Thunder. He can shoot and score and i'm not sure why Scott Brooks waited so long to start giving him minutes. Next year, I think he will become another Thunder fan favorite. Secondly, Perry Jones III, this is another guy who should have got more playing time this year. One of the needs of this team is someone who can play the "stretch 4" position. You're seeing these power forwards nowadays like Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Chris Bosh who can step outside and hit the 3 occasionally. I think PJ3 has enormous potential and could eventually become on of these stretch 4's. He also has the length and athleticism to come in and defend  someone like Lebron. Which is never an easy task. 

I am super excited for next season and I hope they address some of their needs. There is no reason why this team can't win a title. I think one of these above scenarios will put this team over the top. Now, we wait and see. In the words of Linebacker Bart Scott, " I CAN'T WAIT!!!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment