Friday, December 20, 2013

Thunder Game Recap 12.19.2013

Thunder 107, Bulls 95




   Once again a game where there was never a doubt in my mind. Even when the Bulls cut it to three at halftime, I knew it was an easy win. The effort was uninspired pretty much all night, and you can't blame them. Playing a Bulls team without Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, and I guess ill count Kirk Hinrich, I could see it being tough to get pumped about. KD put up 32 points on 13-20 shooting (including 4-5 from deep) , 9 rebounds, and 6 assists with relative ease.  Russ had 21 points and 10 assists for his fourth straight double double and sixth in last seven games. The dude is on a roll, and when he puts emphasis on passing, the Thunder are 99.9% unstoppable. Serge Ibaka had his worst game of the season, only having 5 points, 3 boards, 3 blocks. But, I think he had the play of the night when he blocked Joakim Noah twice, leading to a transition KD three. I channeled my inner Derek Fisher and high fived myself after that one. Reggie Jackson was a world destroyer. He had 18 points on 8-12 shooting, with 15 of those coming in the first half. I love seeing him do good, but I'm getting nervous about his future with the team. He could be the next James Harden. *sigh* It's a shame for Sam Presti that he's so good at drafting players, that they get too good and he has to trade them. Then crazy people like Bill Simmons criticizes him for years about breaking up a dynasty. I could go on about this,  but I'll save it for a different post. 

  Snippets (is that a word? I just made it one. In my head, it means small pieces) from last night.

  • Biggest suprise is the Thunder held Michael Jordan to 0 points. Quite an accomplishment.
  • But.... that guy above had 23 points and 12 boards.
  • Speaking of Noah, I feel like him and Britney Griner are long lost brother and sister
  • Soon, the NBA will make a rule forcing Kevin Durant to shoot only from halfcourt. Then, he only gets 1 point every time he makes it, they have to level the playing field somehow.
  • Sources tell me Jeremy Lamb's head hasn't grown since he was six months old.
  • A Russ and KD fastbreak is the basketball equivalent of bacon.
  • Check Darnell Mayberry of the Daily Oklahoman's nuggets about the incident after the game.
  • Tonights "Lol WTF" moment of the game goes to Joakim Noah for his jumpshot. I know that should be moment (s) but it absolutely has to win.

Next up: Saturday vs The Spurs in San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment